Monday, August 26, 2013

Blog#8- Found Lennie and Having to Shoot Him But in a Happy Way- Pages 95-103

I was looking for Lennie in the brush when I found him talking to himself. I had no idea who he was talking to.  Lennie must have been in his own world. He looked very miserable. I went to him because I did not want Curley to find him. If Curley had found him, he would have killed him for fun and made him suffer or he would have sent him to prison. I felt a lot of pity towards  Lennie because I knew the rest of his life would be painful. So I decided to shoot him myself.

Before I shot Lennie, I told him about the future house we were going to get. I did this so that Lennie could die happy. To tell you the truth, the idea of killing Lennie was a tough decision. This reminds me a while back, when Old Candy had to have his dog shot and he said that he had known his dog since he was a pup.  But the only difference was that Carlson had to shoot the dog instead of Old Candy. He couldn’t do it himself because it was too painful for him. I myself was not able to do it right away: my hand was shaking while I was trying to pull the trigger. But I had to do it because it was better for him to die happily than to die painfully or be imprisoned for the rest of his life. My last few words is that Lennie will get to tend plenty of rabbits in heaven.

t

No comments:

Post a Comment