Monday, August 26, 2013

Blog#5- Reasons Why I was mad at Old Candy and Lennie- Pages 63-79

    

I came back from town and was surprised about two things. One was that Lennie and old Candy were in a black man’s room. His name is Crooks and he is the stable boy. He has his bunk in the stables themselves. We call him Crooks because he has a crooked back. I don’t like the fact that Lennie and old Candy were in Crooks’ room because he is not allowed in the bunkhouse and likewise we shouldn’t stay in his bunk. Blacks and whites don’t mix together. I wonder what made Lennie think that he had the right to go in there behind my back. Old Candy I am not worried about but he should know better because he is way past grown to know it.


The second reason is that Lennie and old Candy told Crooks about the house we were going to have in the future. I would not be surprised of how jealous he would be about that idea. The next thing that I expect, he will ask if he could live with us. I think that we have enough people living with us in total. If he were to live with us, we would stay on the ranch more to get more money working. On the other hand, if he is willing to help us, he could help, but he could not live with us. Like I said, blacks and whites are not meant to mix. I am sure that some person might change how people will live in the future but for now, Crooks will have to wait. 


No comments:

Post a Comment