Monday, August 26, 2013

Blog#3- Getting to Know Slim - Pages 30-46

Me and Lennie finally met Slim who is the jerkline skinner. Slim is respected by all workers because he could skin barley for more than sixteen miles. He talks in a calm manner. He walks like a prince and it is hard to tell his exact age.  Slim just got puppies.  This fat looking man named Carlson mentioned that they should shoot the old swamper’s dog because it was smelly and the old swamper would get some puppies in exchange.  Lennie tried to sneak in the pups into the bunkroom without me looking. I told him to take the pups back to their mother. At this point, Carlson took the old swamper’s dog to be executed on the grounds that he was in bad condition and that by killing it, the suffering would end.


I think that Slim is a nice guy compared to Curley who is mean and nasty. Slim asked me politely why me and Lennie are always together. I told him that I toke him in working when his aunt died, since we lived in the same town. Slim said that usually the workers on the ranch don’t spend much time with each other. So Slim was saying that we were the only ones that care about each other. I appreciate that Slim is not taking my relationship with Lennie as a bad thing. You know what worries me though? Lennie might want to sleep with the pups since he can’t get his eyes off of them. Lennie as you know when he gets his hands on animals, he tends to kill them. I just don’t want Slim to know that Lennie killed his dog babies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment